Sakanaction Good Night Planetarium
Konica Minolta Planetarium “Manten” in Sunshine City
1 December 2015 – 4 September 2016
The planetarium “Manten” in Sunshine City reopened its doors in December 2015 after a facelift. It now offers a special programme, produced in collaboration with the Sakanaction, a popular Japanese rock band formed in 2005. The magnificent starry sky, realized by the state-of-the-art projector “Infinium Σ”, merges perfectly with the sound of Sakanaction’s music. The entire dome becomes as though a piece of art, inviting you to an experience of “touching” the universe. The band’s leader and vocalist, Ichiro Yamaguichi, narrates the programme.
Place name Konica Minolta Planetarium “Manten” in Sunshine City (in Japanese) コニカミノルタ プラネタリウム“満天”in Sunshine City Website go to website Phone 03-3989-3546（10:00～19:00） Dates 1 December 2015 – 4 September 2016
*closed on 26 January 2016 (due to maintenance)
Opening hours 11 pm, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm (programme of about 40 min)
*1 January 2016: no programme at 11 am
*19 January 2016: no programme at 5 pm & 7 pm
- Grass Seats or Cloud Seats (seating up to two persons)：￥2900
- Regular seats: ￥1200 (elementary and junior high school students: ￥600)
Address Rooftop, Sunshine City World Import Mart Building
3-1-3 Higashi-ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- 5 min walk from Higashi-Ikebukuro Station (Tokyo Métro Yurakucho Line: Exit 6 & 7)
- 10 min walk from the eastern side of Ikebukuro Station (JR Lines, Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line & Fukutoshin Line, Seibu Ikebukuro Line, Tobu Tojo Line)
* The above is the information known at the time of publication and subject to change without prior notice.