Get your perfect o-hanami menus & items in Asakusa
10 March – 10 April 2016
Marugoto Nippon (which literally means the “whole Japan”) is a unique commercial complex opened in Asakusa in December 2016, with the vocation of being a rendezvous point of hidden gems of local specialties from all over Japan.
It houses craft shops, restaurants and cafes offering food and drink using seasonal ingredients; spaces for experiencing regional culinary traditions; and counters of local authorities and entities to offer information on tourism and settlement (internal migration).
This spring, gourmet and items smartly selected from different parts of Japan are on sale for a limited period: a great occasion to find a perfect kit for o-hanami (cherry-blossom viewing picnic).
Good picks among them include:
- delicious bento (Japanese-style lunch in a box);
- sake with sakura motifs;
- “sakura fortune chopsticks” (fortune paper is attached to the tip of disposable chopsticks, like fortune cookies); and
- plates made of wild cherry wood.
A sure bet to a successful o-hanami party!
Place name Marugoto Nippon (in Japanese) まるごとにっぽん Dates 10 March – 10 April 2016 Opening hours 1F・2F 10 am – 8 pm
3F 10 am – 9 pm
4F 11 am – 11 pm (last order 10:30 pm)
*according to shops
Price Depending on items Address 2-6-7 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo Getting there
- 1 min walk from Asakusa Station (Tsukuba Express Line)
- 7 min walk from Asakusa Station (Tobu Skytree Line)
- 8 min walk from Asakusa Station (Tokyo Métro Ginza Line)
- 8 min walk from Asakusa Station (Toei Asakusa Line)
* The above is the information known at the time of publication and subject to change without prior notice.