Kagawa Olive Festa 2016
JP Tower KITTE (1F Atrium)
13 March 2016
Kagawa Prefecture in the Shikoku region, western Japan, boasts of being the largest consumer of … udon noodles per family in the archipelago!! So much so that, for some time now, it has been called “Udon-ken” (the Udon Prefecture). This funny name (completely fictional, you understand!) has become very popular among the Japanese, thanks especially to a series of promotional videos featuring the prefecture’s deputy governor (also fictional, of course!) played by the actor Jun Kaname.
In the latest episode, the prefecture has established a unit of samurai “Olive Shinsen-gumi”, led by the deputy governor of Udon-ken in person. Its mission? To promote the freshness of olives, another local specialty.
Apart from new videos, and to make that fiction a little more real, (the real) Kagawa prefecture will organize, a special event to promote its olives in Tokyo. Taste and discover the famed olives and olive-based products from the region.
Place name JP Tower KITTE (1F Atrium) (in Japanese) JPタワー KITTE（1Fイベントスペース） Website go to website Olive Shinsen-gumi (in Japanese) go to website KITTE Phone 087-832-3417 Kagawa Prefecture (Dept of Agricultural Administration and Fisheries)
03-3216-2811 KITTE (Information Center)
Dates 13 March 2016 Opening hours 11 am – 6 pm Price free Address JP Tower KITTE
2-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- 1 min walk from Tokyo Station (JR Lines: Marunouchi Exit)
- Direct access via underground passage from Tokyo Station (Tokyo Métro Marunouchi Line)
- 2 min walk from Nijubashimae Station (Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line)
- 4 min walk from Otemachi Station (Toei Mita Line)
* The above is the information known at the time of publication and subject to change without prior notice.