New Year’s concert at Jindai Bonatical Garden
2-3 January 2016
Like to listen to the Japanese instrumental music in an easy atmosphere? Check an outdoor concert to be held at Jindai Botanical Garden for New Year’s celebration. Swing to the rhythm of passionate Tsugaru shamisen played by the Oyama Brothers (Yoshikazu & Yoshimune Oyama). Get enchanted by the elegant koto music played by Akiko Usami and Ai Asano. For aficionado of plants, there will be a special exhibition of “seven herbs of spring” and plum flowers (a symbol of early spring), as well as auspicious plants said to call in good luck.
Place name Jindai Bonatical Garden (in Japanese) 神代植物公園 Website go to website (in Japanese) Phone 042-483-2300 Dates 2-3 January 2016 Opening hours 9:30 am – 5 pm (last admission: 4 pm) Price Events are free
*Admission fee extra: ￥500 (65 years & above: ￥250, junior high school students: ￥200, etc)
Address 5-31-10 Jindaiji-moto-machi, Chofu-shi, Tokyo Getting there
- Near Jindai-shokubutsu-koen Bus Stop of Keio Bus, from either Tsutsujigaoka Station or Chofu Station (Keio Line), for Jindaiji Temple
- Near Jindai-shokubutsu-koen-mae Bus Stop of Odakyu Bus from either:
– Chofu Station (Keio Line), for Kichijoji Station or for Mitaka Station; or
– Kichijoji Station or Mitaka Station (JR Chuo Line), for Chofu Station or for Jindaiji Temple
* The above is the information known at the time of publication and subject to change without prior notice.