Located in an upscale residential area in Tokyo, Happo-en is a popular wedding venue, known for its vast and beautiful Japanese garden (going back to the early Edo period in the 17th century). Visitors may stroll through the garden freely and leisurely. Relax, have tea or dine at this manicured estate full of traditional ambiance, rich in nature, away from urban hustle and bustle, yet easily accessible.
Place name Happo-en (in Japanese) 八芳園 Dates Open every day (except for the end-of-the year and New Year’s holidays) Opening hours 10 am – 10 pm
*opening hours vary according to restaurants and cafes
Price According to menus
*Admission to the garden is free
Address 1-1-1 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo Getting there
- 1 min walk from Shirokanedai Station (Tokyo Métro Namboku Line, Toei Mita Line: Exit 2)
- 5 min by Happo-en Shuttle bus or taxi from Shinagawa Station (JR Lines: Takanawa Exit)
- 1 min walk from Shirokanedai Eki-mae Bus Stop (from Shinagawa Station, take Toei Bus “Shina93” <品93> for Meguro Station)
- 15 min walk from Meguro Station (JR Yamanote Line: East Exit, Tokyo Metro Namboku Line, Tokyu Meguro Line, Toei Mita Line)
* The above is the information known at the time of publication and subject to change without prior notice.